Sunday, August 26, 2007

Summerfest!


Well, overall I think Summerfest went really well! The last two nights before were VERY hectic and stressful as I tried to make sure that I had enough stock, the right paperwork and signage, all the random tools, supplies, etc. that I would need. I'm pretty sure I drove my poor boyfriend up the wall... Anyway, I have a few pictures of my booth for you to gaze at, they're on Flickr. I made about 15 sales, a little over $50 worth of stuff. I made more than my booth fee, and I made sales to people that weren't friends! (That's what I was worried about -- making sales to "real people"). But I came away from the event with a few new ideas, lots more confidence, and a custom order request! I placed a few supply orders last night and today, so hopefully I'll be able to get a ton more stuff made in time for Pridefest. I think the market will be a little better there -- Summerfest had less people than I was expecting, and a lot came without very much money. They also had to pay to get in, which I didn't really know about until a few days before the event. But I had a really good time, and as stressful as it was, I'm still REALLY excited for my next show! My goal... sell $100 worth of stuff!

No comments: