Tuesday, May 15, 2007

MN Street Team, and grants!

Well, I discovered the MN Etsy Street Team today. I joined the yahoo group, and I've read the blog and the thread on Etsy forums. I sent a few messages to people, so I'll see what I hear back from people. I would love to get involved with some other MN area Etsyians. I'd also like to try my luck at a craft show, and it seems like they know a bit about all of that stuff.

Related to the craft shows... I found out that I can get art grants from the state for stuff... I'd love to go to a craft show, but as of right now I can't really afford one, and I don't think I would make enough at one to pay for the cost of being there. But if I got a grant to cover the costs, THAT would be pretty amazing... The one I found though, had a deadline of May 15... today. And since it's already midnight, there's no way that I could get it filled out and postmarked by today... That sort of sucks, but I can look for other opportunities...

Anyway, that's everything for now. I'm working on some random jewelry projects, but I'm still adjusting to my new work schedule so I haven't had a chance to post pictures in my shop. I have some stuff that I need to ship out tomorrow though, and I'm currently features in 3 Etsy treasuries, so I hope I sell some more stuff :)

No comments: