Sunday, May 20, 2007

Things are still going fairly well for me. My bedroom is sort of a disaster with bead stuff and shipping supplies all over, but I'm slowly cleaning that up and organizing it :)

I have had a few more sales, and am keeping up with shipping. The new shipping rates are a bit of a pain, as some of my packages are costing nearly twice as much as they used to. I haven't raised my rates yet on Etsy, because I know people hate to pay really high shipping costs. I think I may just start "eating" the costs of my shipping materials, or maybe just cut down to the bare essentials. I do like having things nicely and cutely packaged though...

Other news... I am trying to clear out my current inventory so I can sort of "start fresh" and fill up my inventory with all sorts of new stuff. I am having a big sale today where all customers get tons of random free stuff when they buy things from my shop -- you can read my forum post about it here.

I'm also trying to get some sample packs/promotions put together to send out to various sellers. Some of them will include them with their orders (like the All Things Etsy sample packs) and/or put them out on their tables at craft shows. My big thing now is that I need to do a bit more promoting/marketing so I can get more business to my shop...

That's it for now... I'm trying to figure out stuff with actually registering my business name and such, but I will put together a post about that later this week.

No comments: