Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A little bit of business.

Well, between last night and today I've gotten some of the business out of the way. I came up with the name last night -- after debating over several ideas, I ended up with "Tangerine Sunshine"

I heard about a site called Etsy from a fellow poster on myLot, so I thought I would give it a shot. I originally created an account with my default username, then realized I ought to make on that goes along with my shop title. Deleting the old account and starting up a new one took a bit, and I did give out the old link to a few people so I have to notify them of the change, but I think this one works much better. My shop can be found at www.tangerinesunshine.etsy.com :) I also set up a new email account to be used for this blog and my shop -- tangerinesunshine@gmail.com. After deciding on a name, setting up and email account, and creating the store, I ordered a few free business cards from VistaPrint. So now I have something to mail out with any orders that I might get, and also to hand out to people at craft fairs, coffee shops, or anywhere people might be interested. Every little bit of marketing will help, right?

Today I put a few listings in my shop. My camera is on the fritz, so some of them aren't the best quality, but I now officially have stuff in my shop! I also signed up for Google Adsense, filled out my profile, and started putting some links up in this blog. I think that's enough of the technical stuff for one day, now it's time to have some fun creating jewelry!

No comments: