Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A little introduction...

My post yesterday didn't say all that much about me, so before I "get down to business" I would like to introduce myself a little bit more. I am 20 years old, currently going to school for a double major in Anthropology and Ethnic Studies, with a minor in Spanish. I work about 25 hours a week in an on-campus office and at a Cold Stone Creamery. When I'm not in class or working, I'm usually playing video games, cooking, or, of course, making jewelry! I did a lot of jewelry making when I was younger, including buying all of those Lisa Frank jewelry kits (I was a huge LF fan!). Last fall I finally got back into jewelry making when I realized how much fun it it is to create funky pieces of jewelry for myself that I can't buy anywhere else. Once my collection got a little too big for just me to wear, I started giving stuff to friends and family for birthdays, Christmas, etc. At some point last month I realized that this little "hobby" of mine was getting a bit expensive, and I realized that I needed a way to finance myself, so I decided to sell a few things. I put a few listings up on ebay. Only one sold, but hey, at least I had sold something! I got a little frustrated with my lack of success, so I searched around to figure out other outlets for selling my growing pile. And this, my friends, is where the journey begins...

No comments: